The role of PD&E is to exemplifying our core values of excellence, integrity, and accountability when facilitating our customer’s projects. The range of project types includes small remodeling, large-scale renovations, and modifications of existing buildings, as well as complex campus facilities and infrastructure. The success rate of our projects demonstrates that a high level of quality is maintained throughout the planning, coordination, and execution of each project. Our satisfied customers demonstrated the high level of professionalism use in the process.
Check out our latest project! (Time lapsed video), Project #3366 – Gadsden Center Expansion Phase 3
Facts about the project:
- Building Use/Purpose: Growing classroom/lab needs
- Building size: 10,456 SF
- Original project funding: $6,000,000 Local General Obligation Bonds (2015 and 2018)
- Architect: Studio D Architects
- Contractor: Warren Construction, Inc.
- Start of construction: September 3, 2019
- Substantial completion: September 9, 2020
- Construction 100% completion during COVID-19 pandemic
Thinking about doing a project? To initiate a project or request a budgetary estimate for a project, a Project Request Form must be sent through the appropriate VP/Dean to the Facilities & Services PD&E Department for consideration.
To request a project or budgetary estimate, please click the AiM link.
Project Development & Engineering promotes a green building program, targeting a minimum LEED certification level of “Silver” on all capital projects. Projects that do not meet this threshold are still required to employ a sustainable design and construction method as specified in the University’s Design Guidelines.